Lexington County has natural beauty, friendly people and outstanding recreation that you can enjoy all year round. You’ll feel right at home in Lexington County once you see for yourself all that we have to offer. Our recreational and entertainment amenities include:
- Local, state and national parks which offer diverse nature and sports opportunities. These parks include Dreher Island State Park, Peach Tree Rock and several recreation areas all along the more than 500 miles of shoreline.
- Lake Murray, with more than 500 miles of lake shoreline, offers water enthusiasts swimming, boating and some of the best fishing anywhere in the Southeastern U.S.
- Cultural offerings including highly regarded Riverbanks Zoo & Garden, Columbia Museum of Art, Edventure and the Columbia City Ballet.
- History abounds in and around Lexington County. Along with historic lakes and waterways, there is an abundance of museums and collections depicting events from South Carolina’s history including the American Revolution, the Civil War, and World War I and II. The South Carolina Statehouse grounds are just a short drive away as are several museums: Lexington County Museum, the SC State Museum, The Modjeska Monteith Simkins House and The Mann-Simons Site and points of interest.
- The University of South Carolina offers exciting collegiate sports and entertainment throughout the year including events at Colonial Life Arena, and the Koger Center for the Arts at the main campus in nearby Columbia.
- Major shopping areas such as Columbiana Centre and Harbison Boulevard, as well as trendy small shops and boutiques in and around Lexington. There’s also plenty of dining opportunities in all of the towns and cities in Lexington County that are sure to delight.
For more information on all there is to do while visiting and living in Lexington County area, visit the following websites:
Greater Lexington Chamber & Visitor’s Center
Columbia Convention & Visitor’s Bureau